Welcome to Flint Hills Bank!
**Our Community Calendar Has Moved. Scroll down for more local Community Information**
Sign Up For E-Statements Today Shazam®Bolt$™
- No lost statements in the Mail https://bolts.shazam.net/ShazamWebPortal/index.php
- View Balance Information Fast & Convenient Receive Transaction alerts
- Paperless Receive Fraud Alerts
- IT'S FREE!! SIGN UP TODAY!! Free!!! SIGN UP TODAY!!
Security in the Mobile Era
By 2017, the number of smartphone users in the U.S. is expected to surpass 200 million, nearly 65 percent of the population. Negotiating security in the face of an ever-growing implementation of mobile devices presents serious challenges for organizations. Risks include the growth of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) (coupled with a lack of security controls for these devices), loss/theft of devices and the proliferation of mobile malware. Users need to understand the risks and the steps that they can take to minimize them, particularly since cybercriminals often use employees as the entry point into an organization's network. Here are some key actions that can you can take to help minimize the likelihood of a successful cyberattack.
- Regularly Update Your Device - Updated operating systems and security software are critical in protecting against emerging threats.
- Enable Encryption - Enabling encryption on your smartphone is one of the best ways to safeguard information stored on the device, thwarting unauthorized access.
- Use a Passcode - Enable strong password protection on your device and include a timeout requiring authentication after a period of inactivity. Secure the smartphone with a unique password - not the default one it came with. Don't share your password or passcode with others.
- Don't Use Public Wi-Fi - Don't log into accounts and don't conduct any sensitive transactions, such as shopping or banking, while using public Wi-Fi. Disable the "automatically connect to Wi-Fi" setting on your device.
- Install Applications From Trusted Sources - When downloading apps, be proactive and make sure you read the privacy statement, review permissions, check the app reviews and look online to see if any security company has identified the app as malicious.
- Install a Phone Locator/Remote Erase App - Many apps allow you to log on to another computer and see your device's exact location on a map. Remote erase apps allow you to remotely wipe data from your device, helping minimize unauthorized access to your information in the event you can't locate the device.
- Disable Unwanted Services When Not in Use - Bluetooth® and near-field communication (NFC) can provide an easy way for an unauthorized user to gain access to your data. Turn these features off when they're not required.
- Carefully Dispose of Mobile Devices - Many users frequently upgrade to new devices. Make sure to wipe the information from your smartphone before disposal.
***Brought to you by: Center for Internet Security***
July 18th - Wabaunsee County Fair Set up Day!!
July 24th - July 28th - Wabaunsee County Fair
July 28th - Wabaunsee County Fair Livestock Sale - Begins @ 7:30 pm
July 30th - August 15th - Lyon County Free Fair
August 6th - Concert @ Lyon County Fair Grounds. John Michael Montgomery Begins @ 8pm
August 7th & 8th - Ranch Rodeo-Located @ the Lyon County Fair Grounds - 7pm
August 10th - Muttin Bustin 7 pm - Buck Rumble & Roll 8 pm - Both Located in the Lyon County Fair Grounds Grandstand Arena
August 14th - Truck & Tractor Pull 7 pm - Located in Grandstand Arena on the Lyon County Fair Grounds
August 15th - Demolition Derby 7pm - Located in Grandstand Arena on the Lyon County Fair Grounds